There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sequels I'm Dying to Read...Part Three!

Originally, I was going to do one post, but I made the mistake of looking at my GoodReads site. There are a lot more books that I am anxiously awaiting the sequel and I didn't even realize it. I honestly don't think I could pick one book I am anxiously waiting for over any of the others. All of these series are different in many ways and can't be compared together. Here are an additional three I am awaiting their release!

The Elite by Kiera Cass --> Sequel to The Selection

I fell in love with the first book the minute I saw the cover. If it hasn't become apparent yet, I LOVE pretty dresses. Plus the mirrors add an interesting dimension. I am a huge sucker for books with phenomenal photos on the front. As a librarian, I need to state that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but lets face it, we all do. That's why publishers pay outrageous amounts of money for the cover design. Well, publishers you won this time! The book spoke for itself after I started reading it. I loved the concept, the characters and how the plot developed. I can't wait for The Elite to be released next year!

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, she is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Awaken by Meg Cabot --> 3rd book in Abandon series

I first started reading this series on a recommendation from my younger sister. Often we exchange suggestions. I had already read the princess mia series by Cabot and loved that series. I was excited to start reading this new series. I was surprised by the diversity with which Meg Cabot can write. She can do historical, modern, fantasy, etc. Plus each of her books are phenomenal. The minute I started reading Abandon, I fell in love with it. I also loved mythology and the telling of Persephone is phenomenal in this series. The second book, Underworld, was just as good. I can't wait for the series finale.
Death has her in his clutches. She doesn't want him to let go.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera knew by accepting the love of John Hayden, she’d be forced to live forever in the one place she’s always dreaded most: the Underworld. The sacrifice seemed worth it, though, because it meant she could be with the boy she loves.

But now her happiness — and safety — are threatened, all because the Furies have discovered that John has broken one of their strictest rules: He revived a human soul.

If the balance between life and death isn't fixed, both the Underworld and Pierce’s home back on earth will be wiped away. But there’s only one way to restore order. Someone has to die.

The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson --> 3rd book in the Fire and Thorns series

I just finished the second book in this series, The Crown of Embers. It was excellent! I was not as enthusiastic about the first book. I thought The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley was a much better choice than the first book. BUT the second book proved me wrong. It took us on a whole new adventure and added depth to the story. I can't wait to continue the adventure in the third book.

There is yet to be a summary for this book to be released as well as a book cover. Here is what I would guess the book to be about: Elisa will find the courage and wisdom to become the great leader and queen we got a glimpse of in the first book. She will go in search of Hector in the enemy's camp. I think we will find out some interesting information about the Inviernes. I can't wait for this adventure. There was also a book released in July 2012 about Elisa's sister, Aloida. It was only released as an electronic book. I can't wait to read that one as well.


No comments: