There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sequels I'm Anxiously Awaiting... Part Two!

This is the third of four installments of sequels I am looking forward to! Depressingly, I have only read about 25 books this year. With school and other family obligations, I have not read as much as I normally would. So my list of to-reads is shorter than it normally would be. Here are the next four series I can't wait for the next book in the series.

Lorien Legacies #4 by Pittacus Lore --> This fourth book will follow The Rise of Nine

I fell in love with this series when I am Number Four was first released. Due to the popularity of the book, a movie was released which did not do the book justice. Nonetheless, book 2 and 3 were just as good as the first book. It can be a little difficult to switch between the different narrating voices, but well worth the time.

There are no current details on the plot of the book. If I would guess, I would say they finally meet up with Number 5 and complete the garde. I would hope they start developing and utilizing more talents as they prepare to meet and fight against Setrakus Ra. In addition, I would expect Pittacus Lore to once again resurface. Can't wait! 
 
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins --> Hex Hall Spin-off

I really liked the Hex Hall series. Rachel Hawkins did an excellent job of developing the characters and wrapping up the book series. I saw this spin-off novel a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's before, after or during the other series. I'm excited to see if there will be some of the same characters in addition to the Brannick family and where Hawkins will take us.
 
Fifteen-year-old Izzy Brannick was trained to fight monsters. For centuries, her family has hunted magical creatures. But when Izzy’s older sister vanishes without a trace while on a job, Izzy's mom decides they need to take a break.

Izzy and her mom move to a new town, but they soon discover it’s not as normal as it appears. A series of hauntings has been plaguing the local high school, and Izzy is determined to prove her worth and investigate. But assuming the guise of an average teenager is easier said than done. For a tough girl who's always been on her own, it’s strange to suddenly make friends and maybe even have a crush.

Can Izzy trust her new friends to help find the secret behind the hauntings before more people get hurt?


Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier --> 3rd book in Ruby Red Trilogy

I am really enjoying this series. I was forced to read Ruby Red for Battle of the Books last year and fell in love with it. Normally, I hate time traveling books, but for some reason this series has me enthralled! I love the main characters, Gwen and Gideon, and I can't wait to find out what happens in this adventure. I want to find out what the nefarious plans are!

This book has not yet released a summary for the book although we do have a cover which look samazing! I'm a huge sucker for pretty dresses! If I had to guess, I would think book 3, final book in the series, will finally reveal all the mysterys that have been building. I really want to know what Gwen's part in the circle will be. I also can't wait to meet Lucy again. The release of this book can't come soon enough!

No comments: