There was an error in this gadget

Friday, November 23, 2012

Movie Review: Snow White and the Huntsman

I will apologize ahead of time. For the next week or so, you will see a lot of movie reviews. With the holidays and other events occuring in my life I have not been able to read a lot of books. Instead I have watched a lot of new release DVDs. Another quick fact about me: I do not like movie theaters. I would rather wait the extra amount of months to a year to watch a movie than see it in a movie theater. I love the comfort of my home, and I hate how dirty and uncomfortable movie theaters are!! So here goes my review of Snow White and the Huntsman:

I am so glad I did NOT go see this movie in theaters! Let me preface this by saying that I am not a fan of Kristen Stewart, and when I say not a fan, I mean it is really hard for me to watch her and take her seriously as an actress. Have you ever had an actor or actress that you just couldn't stand watching...then you understand. This movie review is definitely biased as a result.

I was not a huge fan of Snow White and the Huntsman. I liked the idea for the movie with the focus being on the huntsman and the evil stepmother. It was a unique take on the well-known story. Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron did such an excellent job in this movie. Theron was beautiful as the witch and perfectly cast. The mirror was excellent; I loved that portrayl! I just wish they had cast someone different as Snow White. Overall, I'm glad I watched it, but I probably wouldn't watch again thanks to the casting of Kristen Stewart.

Summary:

In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.

No comments: