There was an error in this gadget

Friday, November 30, 2012

Movie Review: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

This is another bad review of a movie hailed as "funny and clever" by Dan Jewel of Life & Style. I just did not get it. I had to keep myself from falling asleep not even halfway through it. The premise of the movie was good. Life on Earth's going to end and how will you react? It follows many people as they prepare for the end of the world and enjoy the time before it occurs. This movie just falls far from where I thought it would go. Dan in Real Life had a somewhat similar start feel to it with the dry humor and depressing atmosphere, but that is where the similarities end. Dan in Real Life was phenomenal! And I've watched it multiple times. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World was horrible. I didn't even finish which could definitely change my review. I got an hour into the movie and stopped it. Steve Carrell also has such wonderful movies, but this is one I would recommend not checking out. Let me know what you thought!

Summary:

Set in a too-near future, two neighbors, Dodge and Penny react in their own unique ways to the announcement that a 70-mile-wide asteroid is en route to the Earth. he wants to return to his first love. She just wants to get back to her family. As the unlikely companions' respective journeys converge, their outlooks -- if not the world's -- brighten in surprising and hilarious ways.


No comments: