Feed the MPL Fish!!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Movie Review: Chronicle

I was relatively excited to check out this movie. I went into the movie with relatively low expectations which usually ends up as a good thing because it's easier for the movie to meet and surpass my expectations. Unfortunately, this movie just did not do it for me which is surprising because rottentomatoes.com gave it a high rating.
For those not familar with rottentomatoes.com, it's a website where you can read critic reviews of movies as well as the audience reviews as well. Critics gave this move an 85% out of 100. The audience gave this movie a 74% out of 100. I do not agree.
The movie doesn't really have a strong plot line. There are too many loose ends left at the end of the movie and not in a good way. I'm not a fan of this movie, but see for yourself and let me know what you think!
Summary:
Three high school students make an incredible discovery, leading to their developing uncanny powers beyond their understanding. Even as they learn to control their abilities and use them to their advantage, their lives start to spin out of control because their darker sides begin to take over.