Feed the MPL Fish!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Book Review: One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

I have been told for years that I need to check out one of Janet Evanovich's novels and read it. A couple years ago, I check out Manhunt by Janet Evanovich and was not impressed. It was okay, but it didn't leave me intrigued. I was further encouraged to read her number series since those are her best books. I finally caved a couple of weeks ago and read the first book in the series, One for the Money.

Sadly my primary reason for reading the book was because the movie was coming out and I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. As the DVD release quickly approached, I became motivated to read the book. My secondary reason was that I really wanted to try a playaway.

For those who aren't familar with playaways, they are recorded books that you can listen to. It's similar to a book on CD, but instead of multiple discs, there is only one little device which you listen to the entire book on. Having never used one of these devices, I wanted to try one out. I checked out One for the Money on Playaway and began listening to the book. It worked wonderfully, especially since I took the playaway to the gym and listened while I worked out.



The book was fabulous! There was humor and mystery and suspense. There was also a strong, quirky female character. I was very glad I took the time to check this book out and "read" it. I have since started the second book in the series and I am quickly approaching the end!

Summary:

Trenton native Stephanie Plum is out of work, out of money, and her car's in repo-hell.So what does a hardly working girl turn to when the going gets tough? Meet cousin Vinnie, bail bondsman. Stephanie figures it's nice work if you can get it -- shagging bail jumpers for $10,000 a pop. So she joins up. Not that she knows the first thing about it. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.  
But now the bad news -- there's a cranky ex-prize fighter dogging her, unfinished business with Maestro Morelli himself, and a nasty habit she has of leaping first and looking later. If Stephanie doesn't wise up fast, the first dead body she sees could be her own.
 
If you have the time, check this book out! Click on any of the pictures above to place holds on the book, movie and playaway version respectively of One for the Money by Janet Evanovich!

No comments: