Feed the MPL Fish!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Holiday Celebration - Poem in your pocket!

Join the Academy of American Poets in Celebrating:

Poem in Your Pocket Day! - April 26, 2012 - TOMORROW!

The idea is simple: select a poem you love, carry it with you, and share it with family and friends on Poem in your Pocket Day. Each year, poems from pockets throughout the United States will be unfolded at events in parks, libraries, schools, workplaces, and bookstores.

I love poetry so I had a hard time deciding which poem I will be carrying in my pocket that day, but I have decided on Let America be America Again by Langston Hughes. I was first introduced to this poem and poet in an American Literature course.  I really fell in love with this poem! It's really long, but well worth the read! I will post it tomorrow on Poem in your Pocket Day!

What poem will you be carrying around?

No comments: