There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Series by Robin McKinley


Call me a dork but I have always loved the books by Robin McKinley. As a young child, I was enthralled with the fairy tales and fantastical creatures. And if I'm honest, I'll admit I still enjoy books about these subjects; thus my love of Harry Potter and the Twilight series. Robin McKinley always brings a new modern twist to these beloved fairy tales and science fiction stories! I loved her retelling and twist of Beauty and the Beast in Rose Daughter. She also has fantastic novels about Robin Hood and Sleeping Beauty. McKinley has also written novels about vampires and dragons. She recently released in November 2010 a novel about pegasuses (or pegasi:)) - horses with wings. It is aptly titled, Pegasus! It was a very interesting read and well worth the time to read it. She took a subject which could end up boring or childish and made it into a novel worth reading. The readers are able to connect with the pegasuses in the book and understand them. I'll admit I began reading the book already loving it because of my previous experience with McKinley's novels, but the book really lived up to its potential. The only drawback was reading the last page and realizing it is part of a series and I will have to wait until 2012 to continue reading about Sylvi and Ebon!

No comments: