There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 21, 2011

Brain Camp by Susan Kim and Laurence Klavan

I have achieved a new milestone: I read my first graphic novel last night! With no previous experience, I have nothing to compare it with, but I loved Brain Camp! It was original! It was funny! And it was amazingly quick to read! I recommend this book to those who have never read a graphic novel and to those who read them all the time!

A quick and quirky graphic novel with a bit of an identity crisis. Two misfits, Jenna and Lucas, are sent to a summer-camp-of-last-resort by their respective, exasperated parents. Despite some hate-at-first-sight, the pair, in a predictable fashion, soon start up a friendship and eventually fall for one another. Unfortunately, something funny is going on at Camp Fielding: some kids disappear while others become suspiciously more intelligent. This is a fun story, one that moves well and is illustrated with excellent full-color artwork. Check out this book and other graphic novels at the Manitowoc Public Library!

No comments: